New York, NY
JustLeadershipUSA (JLUSA) is dedicated to cutting the US correctional population in half by 2030. On the guiding principle that those closest to the problem are closest to the solution, JLUSA empowers people most affected by incarceration to drive policy reform. JLUSA was launched in November 2014.
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a driven, diligent, and creative Membership Associate to support the organization’s membership acquisition, engagement, and retention. The Membership Associate will support the Membership team in connecting currently and formerly incarcerated people, their families and communities, and supporters of our mission with the #halfby2030 movement.
The Membership Associate will oversee the day to day logistics of the #2MillionVoices program, which aims to build an active and engaged membership inside correctional facilities across the U.S. Through this work, the Membership Associate will support building a national network of organizational partners and build the value and reach of the JustLeadershipUSA membership.
The Membership Associate will report to the Membership Coordinator and work closely with the Advocacy, Leadership, and Development teams. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for criminal justice reform work, be highly detail oriented, and be able to think creatively about how to engage members with JLUSA’s work. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to building a robust, national membership centered around a commitment to solve the U.S. mass incarceration crisis.
- Oversee the #2MillionVoices member letter correspondence cycle;
- Maintain the membership database;
- Track trends in member communication;
- Lead volunteer nights and volunteer engagements;
- Build relationships with #2MillionVoices partner organizations across the country;
- Assist with developing and overseeing membership events;
- Support the Membership Coordinator in developing membership strategies and goals;
- Other duties as assigned.
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a candidate with the following qualities and skills:
- Knowledge of, and interest in criminal justice reform, including a commitment to ending mass incarceration;
- Comfort working collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, as well as working independently on specific projects;
- Demonstrated experience with building systems and processes;
- Computer-skills proficiency (Microsoft suite, Google suite, client management systems) preferred;
- Experience with Salesforce database is desired, but not required – on the job training will be provided;
- Stellar interpersonal skills and a sense of humor.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample detailing your interest in JustLeadershipUSA and the role of Membership Associate to email@example.com with subject line: Last Name, First Name, Job Title.
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
JustLeadershipUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, or current employment status. JustLeadershipUSA values diverse experiences, including with regard to educational background and justice system involvement. People with criminal justice records are encouraged to apply. We depend on a diverse staff to carry out our mission.
For more information about JustLeadershipUSA, visit our websites at www.justleadershipUSA.org