Philadelphia Campaign Administrator
JLUSA seeks a driven and energetic Campaign Administrator in Philadelphia to work on a campaign aimed at shuttering the House of Correction. The Philadelphia Campaign Administrator will work with JLUSA’s National Advocacy Team to support the needs of the Organizers and Coordinators. The Philadelphia Campaign Administrator will play a key role in maintaining and supporting the day to day responsibilities of a local/national campaign.
The Philadelphia Campaign Administrator will report to the Philadelphia Campaign Coordinator and work closely with JLUSA staff, membership, and partner organizations to build the movement and reach #halfby2030.
- Support the development and implementation of strategy for the campaign including campaign landscaping, and work-plan development;
- Assist the Campaign Coordinator in developing and executing targeted base-building efforts and campaign member development;
- Assist in maintaining strategic partnerships with organizations and networks across Pennsylvania via email, phone calls, etc.
- On-board new team members, volunteers, and interns;
- Coordinate meetings and events at the direction of the Campaign Coordinator
- Plan and schedule meetings and/or conference calls on behalf of the campaign team;
- Partner with membership team in the development and leadership of individuals directly impacted by mass incarceration;
- Planning and execution of creative events, direct-actions, lobby days, etc.;
- Liaising with interns and/or volunteers, and collaborating with staff and/or volunteers remotely
- Liaising and collaborating with interns, volunteers and/or staff remotely
- Identifying and reporting responsibilities and successes of the organization
- Flexibility for travel and ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Timely and organized reporting
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a candidate with the following qualities, skills and experience:
- 3+ years of administrative experience
- A passion for, and working knowledge of, social justice and systemic change;
- Knowledge of and interest in criminal justice reform, including a serious commitment to ending mass incarceration
- Demonstrated ability to set strategy and execute plans.
- Experience working on or with a campaign preferred
- Comfort working collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, as well as working independently on specific projects
- Comfortable working collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- High energy, strong interpersonal, public speaking and problem-solving skills;
- Computer-skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Client Management Systems preferred